RECIPE – A SALAD, A MEAL, YOUR CHOICE
A dish full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and is sure to make your skin glow.
This is a mix of raw and cooked veggies served cold with a little vinaigrette. Perfect for those hot days.
This recipe came to me through my friend Frank who prides himself on his glowing skin. He called it ‘G-Bombs’ salad – Greens, Beans, Onion, Mushroom, Berries and seeds. I usually omit the berries as I do not like fruit is my savoury salads. But if you like berries in your salads why not include them.
- A big handful of green leaves – baby spinach is perfect or kale
- 1/2 cup of cooked kidney beans – rinsed
- 1/4 red / sweet onion – finely chopped
- 5 mushrooms – sliced
- A small handful of toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- A little fresh parsley if you have it – finely chopped
- 2 or three Tbsp of vinaigrette or a little cider vinegar & olive oil for dressing
… if you want to know how to make vinaigrette click here
1. Wash your greens2. Drain your beans and rinse them3. Slice your onion nice and thin and the mushrooms a little thicker.4. Toast the seeds.5. Chop the parsley. If you do not have any, it does not matter but i find it add to the taste and to the important nutrients of course!6. Mix it all together and drizzle the dressing over it. Toss the salad well and taste it, you may want to add a little more dressing.
You might keep the seeds till the end and sprinkle them on top as you serve … give it that special gourmet look! Today I walked into the garden and picked out these greens…
Bon Appetit and good health.