RECIPE – POWER BOOST … WORKS EVERY TIME
Soupe Verte – French, for green soup. Handed down from generation to generation in my mother’s family, in my family.
This was and is our family’s cure all. When someone is sick or rundown, there is a call for green soup. A hungry soul calls out from their bedside …” Papa, can you make green soup? “
After a flu, one bowl of this soup and you will jump out of bed!
- 1 large leek – finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1 celery stick – finely chopped
- 1 zucchini / courgette – cubed
- 1 cup of other greens – cabbage, broccoli, lettuce …
- A pinch of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup of fresh parsley
- A drop of oil
1. Cut the leek lengthwise and wash well under running water to remove sand between the layers. 2. In a big pot soften the leek, the celery and the garlic on low heat in a drop of warm oil. 3. Add all the other chopped vegetables and enough water to cover all. 4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, once vegetable are just cooked, but not overcooked. 5. Add the chopped parsley and taste it for salt. 6. If you wish you can blend it to a nice smooth consistency. Makes enough for 6 to 8 bowls. Bon Appetit and good health.
HOW DOES IT WORK SO WELL?
Will we ever know the complete answer to that question? Our systems are so complex that even science in all its discoveries finds it hard to know how our amazing body works.
But that is OK. Better to listen to your body. When you feed it there is a reaction. Often we get tired if the food is heavy or refined. With light wholesome, complete food, we actually get a boost of energy.
From my experience, after a lifetime of eating this green soup, I believe that it is because the soup is made from only green vegetables, low in carbohydrates and very little oil, nothing heavy. A power boost of nature’s chlorophyll.
When you eat a bowl of this soup in a short time you will feel better, that easy!